Friday, January 8, 2010

RETIREMENT

I have always thought that if I were a cricketer in today's day and age I would play more one day and test cricket and would probably shun T20s altogether. I imagine I would think playing T20s to be a hindrance in playing actual cricket. What do we infer from this? Yes I have a fertile imagination, but I am not talking about that. I infered from this that I love the longer forms of the game and the shorter form of the game is a time waste for me. So I announce that I am going to retire from full time blogging. Now I know that this may sound a lot like Sanjay Bangar saying that he is retiring from T20 to focus on test cricket, and the most ardent of Bangar fans could be forgiven for smirking if and when such an announcement is issued, but that does not take away the right of announcing retirement from Sanjay Bangar.

Also even after this announcement, no one could object, if Sanjay Bangar would consent to play a charity match or two - Forgotten Lower Middle Order Batsmen XI vs Rashtrapati Bhavan gardners XI or some such. And if in a half an hour of inspiration, if Bangar were to play a blazing innings of faultless strokeplay against the undeniably talented gardners, and were the public to demand a vociferous comeback from him, he would certainly be under no legal obligation to turn down this popular request just because he had been a little to hasty in valuating his powerplay skills earlier.

Improbable? I suppose so. But impossible? Who knows???

No comments: