Monday, February 9, 2009

Its just a line?

Tensions between India and Pakistan are at an all time high once again. Both sides are insinuating against each other and people's minds are being poisoned as well. Here is my humble attempt at peacenicking, hope people don't call me unpatriotic for this :P

Extract from a jewel of a poem from Veer-Zaara (film) -:

Main qaidi number saat sau chhiyaasi, jail ki salaakhon se baahar dekhta hoon
Din mahine saalon ko yug mein badalte dekhta hoon;

Is mitti se mere bauji ke kheton ki khushbu aati hai,
ye dhhoop meri maati ki thhandi chhaachh yaad dilaati hai;

ye baarish mere saawan ke jhhoolon ko sang sang laati hai,
ye sardi meri lodi ki aag sek ke jaati hai;

woh kehte hain yeh tera des nahi, phir kyun mere des jaisa lagta hai?,
woh kehta hai woh mujh jaisa nahi, phir kyun mujh jaisa woh lagta hai?

Translation -:

I prisoner number 786, out of the prison bars I see,
Days, months, years, changing into ages I see;

The fragrance from the soil here, reminds me of my fathers farm
The glare of the sun here, and I remember the cool buttermilk of my ma;

The rain here brings back memories of swings in childhood,
The bitter cold brings back memories of sitting by the burning wood;

They say that this is not your land, then why does it look like it is?,
He says he is not like me, then why does he look like he is?

Applause :)

Full poem recited beautifully by Shahrukh Khan -> here

No comments: